Monday, October 02, 2006

Funny Hat


When you have a birthday you must wear a funny hat. The regular customers of The Artfull Hand threw me a birthday lunch. It wasn't a surprise party because the last surprise party we tried to throw the guest of honor didn't show up. [It wasn't her fault. It was mine. I was in charge of getting Kelly(to my right in group picture)to the shop to have a Krespie Kream Donut Party. I just didn't get around to it. Shame on me... So we had a party with out the party girl!]
Also in the group picture is my right hand gal-Linda(to my left).Behind her in the black shirt is Carol, then Earlene,then Patty in the blue and Lavonne. Back over to the left side is Sue F.,Karen and then Sue B.(We are very long on Sues at The Artfull Hand.) There would have been others in attendance but they have day jobs.... Shirley C is represented by the beautiful flowers she sent me, I'm holding them.Oh Yes! Terry is behind the camera. Without her there would be no Artfull Hand.!
I am so Blessed to have friends like these. Thank you dear friends for the gifts (you shouldn't have but I'm glad you did) and the beautiful hand made cards(they had better be HAND MADE!)
So when you have a birthday you should wear a funny hat, any kind of funny hat. It should suit you. Mine is made up from the ribbons and bows that were attached to the birthday presents...My age, you asked? Well in a yahoo group that I belong to we show our ages by adding the double digits together as our true age.(None of us are into triple digits -yet!) So my age is 9 this birthday. You figure out my true age, dear reader. So I believe that my funny hat suits a 9 year old.
I guess I must say some business stuff. Recently we have gotten in Stampland, Stampington and Stamp Smith Stamps. And a whole bunch of new products... You 'll just have to come by the shop to see everything.

1 comment:

Chaska Peacock said...

Hey, that's easy! You just celebrated your 54th! And,I was there in spirit.