Thursday, October 30, 2008

circling

My friend picked me up and took me to her house. We had a very nice visit. The next morning she returned me to the airport. I had to wait in line to check in. Finally my turn came. I gave the ticket and my ID to the agent. He looked things over and handed me back my ID. His fingers were flying across his keyboard but there was a confused look crossing his face. He asked where was I going? Jacksonville, NC was the answer. He asked to see my ID again. He looked at it and then at me, looked at it and then at me again. When he finally spoke he said that Delta had decided to put me on a plane for Lima, Peru!!!! Nope ! I don't want to go that far South...Jacksonville, NC will be fine for me....thank you very much. He corrected the error and sent me on my way-- finally. After that the rest of the trip went off without a hitch. My DIL picked me up and I had a very fun afternoon of playing with my grandson.
We started driving back to Missouri the next morning after feeding the baby and packing the last minute items. It was 8 hours of driving to get to Charleston, West Virgina. But the scenery was beautiful. The trees were at their color peak. We stopped at a place where we were able to get adjoining rooms. We put the baby down in the other room after his supper and a bath. DIL , Bull the dog and I settled in for the night. I slept pretty well. But poor DIL had to move to the other room during the night and christen me with a new nick name, Freight Train Grandma! I snore just a little bit.

1 comment:

Chaska Peacock said...

I know you were on a mission, but weren't you even a LITTLE bit tempted to go to Lima???

"Modern" life is bringing me to my knees!