Thursday, December 04, 2008

Back again

Well I finally got to talk to my doctor. I do have the ruptured disc at L5/S1 again. He told me that I was one of the lucky 8% that have a re-occurrence. Why can't I be that lucky playing the lottery? In addition to that I also have a ruptured disc at C5/6!!! Damn! the good luck!! He asked whether I wanted to do one at a time or do both discs at the same surgery.... Well duh! It's gonna be both at the same time. They have to schedule the surgery but we are looking at the week of the 15th... With a little more luck I should be pretty well on the recovery road by Christmas.
Unfortunately that slows things down at the shop.
I will try my best to get some classes put together. I have one project that is ready to go but will have to find a substitute to lead it.
Linda's mom is not doing at all well. They have brought in hospice so it is just a matter of time for the poor lady. Jane's mom is faring a bit better. She has been able to get rid of the excess water with the new meds. My mom is just waiting for the 9th of December to roll around. That is her surgery date. The long range weather forecast is sounding iffy. But I'm not letting that worry me.Most of the time they can't get a 6 hour forecast right.

No comments: