Monday, February 11, 2008

Kid Valentines

Last Saturday I hosted a class for kids ages 8 to 15 to make 5 valentines. All were very simple in design and construction so I had no problems with the young stampers. But one little girl caught my eye. Her face was so angelic and sweet. Her skin was milky white and clear. Light brown hair framed her face. She had light blue eyes and a petite mouth. There was a light sprinkling of freckles across her nose and upper cheeks. The freckles are what caught my attention initally. When I commented on how cute her freckles were, her older sister who was in attendance quickly said those aren't cute. I cover mine up. I looked closely at her and sure enough she had a layer of make up on.. Since I had put the upper age restriction of 15 on the class I am assuming that she was 15 or younger..The younger sister shot her older sister a glance that would have knocked the older girl on her butt if she had not all ready been sitting. I told the younger girl that her freckles were very cute and that she should keep them. Grandma who had been sitting and watching the exchange beamed at the younger girl and said I told you so.....Ignoring older sister.

No comments: