Saturday, June 20, 2009

Collinsville Convention

Hi all,
I just can't seem to post in a timely manner. But things have really gone awry around here. ( I won't type what I really wanted to say. But those of you who personally know me - know it wasn't language that could be used in polite society.)Be that as it may, you don't pop in here to hear my tales of woe. So I am writing my impressions of the Collinsville Rubberstamp Convention that was last week-end.
Linda, Carol and Sue F went over on Saturday. They reported that the crowd was pretty good. There was a wait time for several of the make and takes and a few of the booths were jammed to the point that made it difficult to look over their offerings.
On Sunday, Bev, Barb and I went. The place was practically deserted. Oh there were people there and some of them had been there on Saturday too. We didn't have any wait times and you could ball room dance in most of the booths if you wanted to. I brought home stamps from Bugawumps, Stamping Sensations and Rubber Cottage.They are available now in the shop. I had a long talk with Laura at the Bugawumps booth. She has succumbed to the unmounted version of her stamps. I understand why she went in that direction but am sorry to see it.
Overall there were fewer vendors then last. Several notable big names were not in attendance. I really wanted to shop at RubberStamp Tapestries. All the vendors that I spoke to said it was the slowest Sunday ever. I am wondering how many of them will be there next year.

No comments: