Friday, November 23, 2007

Get Well


I received this get well bouquet and balloon from Terry. My back surgery was last Monday the 19th at 7 am! Which meant we had to be a the hospital in St. Louis at 5 am which meant we had to leave our house at 4 am which meant we had to get up around 3 am. (I had to shower& scrub my back with special soap.) It was one of those times which was hurry up and wait. I know, I know it is a minor thing to bitch about considering the seriousness of the surgery. And it is a BIG hospital and there were 7 other people waiting for outpatient surgery at the same time I was. Of course we all did not have the same doctors, nurses or anesthesia teams.... So the coordinators did have a large job to handle. It's just when you are sitting in bed watching people seemingly aimlessly wandering to and fro that made me anxious. I was ready to get the show on the road to get the thing over with. And in due time I was wheeled into the operating room and then into anesthesia never-never land.
I am happy to report that the surgery seems to have been successful. My sciatica pain is gone. The pain at the lumbar vertebra is almost gone. Just within the last day I can again lay flat on my back. And I drove myself to work today!!!! Four days after surgery. Remarkable! I am gratefull to live in the time I do.

No comments: