Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Run Forrest Run



My DH and I have just returned from South Carolina where we spent some quality time with our 2 sons and their wives.

South Carolina is a beautiful place as many parts of the USA are.

My daughter-in-law Sarah took me to the place where Tom Hanks aka Forrest Gump, ran down his lane to escape bullies and his leg shackles. The picture does not do the place justice. The location literally takes your breath away.

Forrest was escaping his bullies and leg braces. He was running towards home and safety. Looking down this lane I feel that I am running towards a safe haven as well. The over hanging branches and the spanish moss reaching down to envelop me in a cocoon of spring green leaves.

Both my DH and I returned exhausted but mentally refreshed at the same time. We're ready to run now. Not run away but run towards the day's challenges. The next time I am feeling weary and wanting to get away from it all, I will return to this picture and say to myself, "Run Forrest,Run."

1 comment:

Jody said...

Hey Pokie Dottie, I love the photo where Forest Gump ran, I want to visit that same place some day...am glad that you & hubby had some quality time with family...hugs JoTee