Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Big 40



I have a friend that is turning 40 this week. It is a traumatic event for her. I am into my fifties. Turning 40 for me wasn't hard. 30 was. 50 wasn't. I don't think turning 60 will be. Now turning 70 might be I don't know. But I feel 80, 90 and 100 will be a breeze. I e-mailed another friend telling her the same thing. She e-mailed me back saying that the Bible says(paraphrasing) that man's time on Earth(and I assume that means woman's too) is 3 score and 10. That figures out to be 70. So that is why 80, 90 and 100 are going to be a breeze for me. I am not going to worry about one damn thing. I am not going to let due dates or deadlines bother me. Should bes and ought to bes just won't exist for me. I am going to play, sleep, drink and eat what ever and when ever I want to.

As you can tell I am going to be an old woman who just doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything. Now you might say that this sounds a bit selfish. But think about it. If someone reaches the ripe old age of 80 and beyond in this present world, don't you think that they have earned to be selfish? I do.

2 comments:

Chaska Peacock said...

You are a good writer, Dorothy! Regarding being self-centered once we become 70....I think practicing for the 10 years before that is a good idea.
When I hit 60, I decided that the time had finally come that others should adjust to me, instead of me to them.:-)

Jody said...

I second the motion, when one reaches those ages, one can live it the way they want to!!

you have a lot of years under your belt & that ain't no black belt either ;-0)