Monday, June 14, 2010

Rubber Stamp Convention

This past week-end was the rubber stamp convention in Collinsville, IL. Almost everybody who frequents the Artfull Hand in some capacity was committed to some other activity on Saturday. So few of us got there on Saturday.
But Barb and I were able to go on Sunday. Since I wasn't there on Saturday I can't described how many people were there. On Sunday the rubberstampers attending were far and few - it seemed to me. I am sure the vendors felt the same way.
There were fewer vendors then last year as well. And several who had big double booths last year, downsized to single regular sized booths. Is rubberstamping dying? Or is it the economy?
I had wanted to make contact with one particular company who was in attendance to set up an wholesale account. I did make contact but walked away shaking my head. This particular company told me in so many words that I was going to have to sell my first born in order to have the privilege to sell their stamps....!!!!!! Geeeezzzzz!!!!! In this economy????? you treat a prospective client like this???? There is plenty of other rubber in the world and several companies were showing at this convention. So I made contact with albeit smaller and less known rubber manufacturers who were very happy to take my money on the spot!
I came home with stamps from Heartfelt Creations. Besides having a line of really nice mounted images they have precut images that match up to several of the Nestabilities die sets. So all you have to do is stamp and use the matching die and cut out your image by rolling it through one of the machines....... I am really anxious to give it a try. Maybe at stamp club.....
I also bought a book on using punches to make 3 dimensional flowers. The book had flowers from Anemones to Zinnias. Barb and I oooohhed and aaaawed over several in the book...
So come by for a visit and check out the new stuff. Besides the flowers stamps,, I did get more guy stuff and added to the Christmas line....Remember it is going to be Christmas in July soon.....

2 comments:

Sarah "The DIL" said...

So, if you were to sell Mike, would we split the profits or what? :-)

Dorothy said...

It would be more like 70/30. I actually gave birth to him - remember.