Monday, July 06, 2009

Fourth of July Tea Party

Well the day finally arrived and I was well prepared. The official count at the Tea Party was 3500! That is an amazing number. I had many of those 3500 come through the shop for a free cup of ice tea and a look around. All were supported of the small business person and thank me for being open on the holiday.
I was a bit worried if the tea party would happen at all cause Friday we had a toad strangler of a rain storm. We got 4.2 inches of rain in about 6 hours. After the first hour the rain just runs off. The basement flooded once again, although mildly.
By Saturday morning the rain had stopped but the skies were overcast. That kept the heat down so the people on the river front were comfortable. My DH parked at the shop and walked down to hear the speeches. He was impressed with what he saw and heard.
What surprised me were the young people. I was so happy to see so many young people involved. And people who brought the whole family along. I wished I could have been there to hear the speeches. The people who were in attendance said that they were very good.
I've got most of the decorations down from the Fourth of July. Now we are concentrating on Christmas in July.
In the next day or two I will get the newsletter posted here. If you need to see it sooner it is up on the web site. Go to www.theartfullhand.com.

No comments: