Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to Work

With Grandson Baby James back home in South Carolina work has returned to the Artfull Hand.
Just this week we have gotten in two brand new stamp companies...Nature's Blessings and Dandelion. Nature's Blessing is an eclectic company with a bountiful inventory of images. They do stock Alice in Wonderland theme stamps... So I now have them, mounted and unmounted. Dandelion stamps is a line of small image stamps. All kinds of critters, flowers and sayings. Dandelion is not their complete name. For the life of me right now I can't remember the complete name. Their images are on the cute side but not cutesy. They retail for $4.55 very reasonable in this day and age.
I'm hoping to get some samples made to show you the quality of these two lines.
We are also working hard on re-stocking with new merchandise after the year end sale and then inventory. ( I hate inventory ) But I had a pleasant experience during counting on New Year's Day. I was counting some stamps, 4 at $7.75, 3 at $6.25, 1 at $4.50 when I got a whiff of cherry tobacco. The kind my dad used to use in his pipe. I turned around expecting to see him the scent was that strong. But of course he was not there. My dad has been dead now close to 17 years. He and my mom ran a Quick Shop which turned into 7-11 shop. I helped with inventory there for a number of years. That is where I came to loathe counting stuff. I understand the necessity but still hate to do it....
After I realized that he wasn't there I just smiled and asked silently to myself if I was doing it right...and went back to counting stuff....

1 comment:

ELLIE said...

I have been trying to go to your website since the beggining of the year - and it is NOT there....did something happen?
Love the pics of the grandbaby and the cute t-shirts...what a great idea!
Peace--Ellie