Wednesday, December 27, 2006

An Unexpected Christmas Eve Eve Guest






On Saturday the 23rd The Artfull Hand had an unexpected guest, a little wren. Every since I hung a real wreath on the front door a bird has been roosting in it every evening. I had startled it a couple of times when I had gone out the front door later then usual. On Saturday Bev open the door to put the sidewalk sign out, she didn't notice the bird. But later she was hearing noises in the shop and finally tracked down the source, the bird. When I got there she told me about it and I looked over the situation. This was a good time to have a veterinarian for a husband who occassionaly does work on birds. I went back to the vet office for our net.

My first attempt at netting the little creature was foiled by my vertical challeged handicap(too damn short). The little guy/girl flew to the center of the window and I was able to get a little closer. Gotcha! Because of my experience with birds at the vet office I was able to net and handle the little guy/girl not harming him/her. We posed for a picture near the wreath. Then I turn him/her free. Bev and I waved good-bye as he/she flew off with just a few ruffled feathers.
We now knock on the inside of the door in morning before we open it.

No comments: